Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Black & White Challenge

Here is the challenge material that we had to work with in our Stamp Club for the month of April. All was in the black and white theme. We had black and white paper from Cloud 9, six black and white square brads from Karen Foster, clear buttons from Junkitz and a black slide mount from ScrapWorks. We could use any stamps that we wanted. These are the three that I came up with. Keep in mind, I needed a couple Mother's day cards and so that is where my thoughts went:
I used the nestabilities and cut out my pieces for the card below. Then I used the scraps from the cut outs on this card. There happened to be this seafoam green card laying on my table (imagine that!) and I thought that they would go together. Using a Penny black stamp, I colored the flowers to match the card and added pearls to the center of the flowers. The border was punch with a new EK Success border punch and the piercing was done as an accent with the Scor Bug. Then I used double sided sticker paper to adhere the matching paper to the back of the clear circle button and threaded ribbon into the button holes.

Here are the nestabilities cut out and stamped on. This was another Penny Black stamp that I inked with VersaFine. The VersaFine makes a clear impression with the solid images. On the surface of the brads, I used alphabet rub ons to have a personalized message to "MOM"


Another Penny black stamp! Again I used a black square brad for an accent. The purple was from the back side of the black and white striped paper. Scallop can be cut out from the long rectangle nestabilities. Mother's Day sentiment was from Printworks. Come in and see what the other members did. All cards are on display at The Stamp Shoppe through the month of May!



1 comment:

Michelle Pearson said...

love that new punch! Saweet! :)