Sunday, June 7, 2009

I wouldn't have a leg to stand on!




I told you I like these stamps from Hambo! They always have the perfect sayings to go with the main images. The "leg to stand on" saying is stamped on the inside. I colored the Flamingo with Copics and highlights with the gel pen. For the water, I drew some lines to look like ripples with my fine line black pen. Then I colored with B21, B23 and B00 to look more the southern waters. Once I had the image colored, the next thing is to figure out how to lay it out. I went back to the MojoMonday blog to find a sketch I thought might work. (See the above sketch) Using some creative license I used the wave die from Sizzix instead of a ribbon and the Labels 4 from Nestabilities instead of a plain rectangle. I loved the look! I felt that the outside seemed too plain, so I used my handy ScorBug and made some faux stitches. I also colored the background dots of the paper with the new pastel Spica glitter pends. Now my card is finished!! Hope to stop again soon!

2 comments:

Michelle Pearson said...

so cool...the white gel pen on the sizzix swirls is the perfect *water!*

Sara Ament said...

Heidi that is awesome...I like you did the water using the different colors and blended it so well! Thanks for the inspiration!