Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sketch Saturday #84

Christmas is over, but winter will be here for awhile, so...Here is a little winter cheer. I used the Sketch Saturday Challenge for this card. I have had this American Craft ribbon in my stash for over a year and I decided I really wanted to use it. So this card was designed around the ribbon. I use a snowflake cuttlebug folder on the background. Since the card is square, I embossed one side, then moved the folder and embossed the otherside. I like the look because some snowflakes are more embossed than others. It gives it the illusion of some closer than others. I stamped Sidney's Fort and colored his hat to match the color theme. I didn't want all circles for the sentiment, snowflakes, so I used a small label nestie to give some different shapes. The corners seemed too plain, so I added extra embellishments. Happy Freezin' Season to all!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heidi, The card is so cute. Brown and blue go so well together as the ribbon shows. What a perfect card for this time of the year.
Mary