Sunday, July 11, 2010

Here's the scoop!

Yesterday, I had my cream paper all embossed with the Tim Holtz Notebook embossing folder, distressed with Old paper Distress ink and punched with the EK Success binding edge punch. Then it sat there on the table and I didn't know what to do with it. Today when I saw the Sketch Saturday challenge sketch...I had an idea. I stamped the bear with ice cream from Whippersnapper and colored him with Copics. I then cut him out with the label from Nestabilities. Using the new Victorian Velvet distress ink, I sponged it over the labels die. I used the notebook paper I created yesterday as the matting fot the image. The sentiment was cut out of the fancy labels die and sponged over with the Vintage Photo ink. It all seemed to fall into place this morning. So...if there are pieces laying around that you want to use, but aren't sure what to do with them. Sleep on it and maybe tomorrow you have just the idea that you wanted! Have a good day!!

4 comments:

Michelle Pearson said...

'nother cutie! your mojo is workin!

Anonymous said...

VERY cute Hiedi. The paper behind has the ice-cream cone texture and just fits! Nice to know you sit and look blankly at a partial creation too! Janeen

janeen said...

So cute Heidi. The bg paper looks like a waffle cone. Nice to know that you blankly look at things too! Janeen

sandy limbo said...

Wonderful card. I love, love the way you put it together! I will remember your hint. Sandy