Friday, July 9, 2010

On the Edge...


I haven't used my Tim Holtz On the Edge dies very much. In fact they have been sitting on my shelf too long, so I decided to get them out, dust them off and make some cards. I used some of the brand new Memory Box stamps and what fun I had. The top card uses the Plaque & Postage die. Using a piece of Chocolate Box Core'dinations paper, I scored the card at 2 1/8" and 4 1/4" on my ScorBuddy. I folded back the the flap and used the Plaque side of the die on that edge. I used another piece of the core'dinations paper to emboss the holly background and then sanded it to have some of the red show through. I stamped the scripted holly bird from Memory Box and then distressed the edges with Vintage Photo ink and Colored the image with Copic Markers.
The Second holiday card I made uses the Scallop On the Edge die on the Decorator paper from Memory Box. Then I cut the Scallop with dots out of Bazzill's Chili paper for a border. Then I cut another strip of Chili paper to use as a "ribbon" for the spellbinder's Fancy Tags. I stamped the Meadow Birds with Memento Dew Drop ink pads. Then over stamped with the Peace background, also from Memory Box, then distressed and layered. These were fun to use...check out how I used them in the next posting with Halloween stamps!!!

No comments: