Saturday, October 13, 2012

Sincere Sympathy

Here is a sample of my new stamps for Stamp Shoppe Creations.  This Lighthouse was colored with the Distress Markers directly onto the rubber then stamped onto white cardstock.  I cut out the image with the oval spellbinder die, but left the die over the paper while I sponged the clouds.  I used the stormy sky distress ink to sponge the clouds and around the oval.  Then I removed the die and drew black lines around the oval.  I stamped the sympathy sentiment onto white cardstock and matted it with the red cardstock.  The background was embossed with a cuttlebug frame and then I lightly rubbed white dye ink over the raised edges.  This creates a look of sanding.  This works great when your cardstock doesn't have a white core and you can't sand the paper.  I added two little nautical flags for accents.  Thanks for stopping by!!

2 comments:

Karen Hasheck said...

Do you have your new stamps on the blog where stampers can go on line to order your stamps? Just wondering.. I shared the link with the winner of your gift certificate as the sponsor of SAS4Kids and thought she might like to see the new stamps and wondered where they were...

Karen

Michelle Pearson said...

very cute image Heidi! Can't wait to see the rest! :)