Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Heartfelt Wednesday

This week I am using the Mini Vintage Floret Stamp Set with the Leaf from the Leaf Medley set.  I created my own background with the solid florets, by embossing the flower on plain cream paper with clear embossing powder.  Then I sponged on Victorian Velvet and Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.  Finally, I stamped the word background in the gathered twigs ink over the entire paper.  I did daub off the ink that stuck to the embossed flowers with a paper towel.  Then I stamped the images, colored them with Copic Markers and cut them out with the matching dies.  The border was made using a small strip of the fancy lattice, cut out with the Spellbinder die.  I finished the edges of the fancy lattice with two 1/8" strips of cream paper.

11 comments:

Glenda said...

This is beautiful! As always your color choices are spot on!

Cibele Glazer said...

Gorgeous, Heidi! I love your colors!

Love crafts forever said...

Really elegant card. Love it.
Hugs Nataliya

merrymstamper said...

Love the featured scripture!! great card!

Caroline D. said...

Love this card! So pretty!! The embossing on the background is lovely!

Kathy said...

Beautiful card, Heidi! I love the lattice on the background! Blessings! Kathy

TesaB said...

Simply gorgeous!!!!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is so pretty, Heidi! :)

Linda said...

Heidi, lovely card!

Marisa Job said...

Gorgeous card!! The flowers are so pretty!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So very pretty!