Monday, December 24, 2012

Winter Cardinals


Have I mentioned before that I love this Cardinal Set CLR005A from Prickley Pear??  I love the versatility of it.  The first card shows the solid Cardinal stamped with the Rubarb Memento Ink Pad.  Just add a sentiment and some pine boughs and you have a warm winter card.  On the second card I used the open cardinal with snowflakes.  First you cut out the cardinal image with the cardinal die.  Then you stamp the image onto the cut out.  Then to color, I used Distress Inks.  First I used the Wild honey and sponged the ink onto the beak.   Then I sponged the bird with the Barn Door Ink.  Finally, I add some sponged Aged Mahogany to the edges.  Using the lattice cut out, I sponged the Faded Denim Distress Ink through the lattice piece onto the card.  Cut out the holly from the Cheery Lynn die and added some of snow with the snow marker and glitter.  I hope you enjoyed seeing more samples of this beautiful bird set...check out more inspiration from the PPRS blog!

No comments: