Thursday, July 4, 2013

Summertime, Sparkles and S'more...

The theme for the month of July is Summertime, Sparkles and S'more.  So today I used the butterfly.  Butterflies are definitely a summertime thing.  Catching caterpillars and putting them in a jar with some twigs and leaves.  Then waiting for the caterpillar to become a beautiful butterfly.  On the card today I used some alcohol inks on acetate with some blending solution, then rubbed a piece of glossy paper over the acetate to transfer the ink onto the glossy paper.  Once the glossy paper was dry, I stamped the Petite floral Swirls from Heartfelt Creations with Staz On ink.  With the piece of acetate, I cut it down to the size I wanted.  I then cut a piece of ScorTape to the same size as the acetate and place it on the acetate.  Then I removed the liner from the tape and taped it to a piece of white card stock.  The marbling on the acetate just popped!.  Then I used black matte paste for the butterfly on the acetate.  Once this was dry, I matted it to black paper.  Be sure to see more beautiful creations from the Dream Team!


8 comments:

Pam Hornschu said...

Such a cool technique for the backgrounds!

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Heidi - What a gorgeous card!! I love the swirled alcohol inks done on acetate and glossy. The black butterfly just makes that whole card.

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

I love using alcohol inks on acetate...this is sunning! I remember chasing butterflies during summer camp days...wonderful de ja vu all over again.

Pati said...

Very pretty! I love how you made the 2 backgrounds at once with the alcohol inks & your pretty color combo, including the black!

wendyp said...

love the technique on the background! Gorgeous!!!

Louise said...

Beautiful card Heidi, your alcohol ink background sets off your black butterfly perfectly!

Lea said...

Heidi, I think butterflies are perfect for summer! I love the greens you used, it reminds me of sea glass. I'll have to try your background technique as it sure did turn out pretty! Thanks for the tip! Truly a beautiful card!

Caroline D. said...

Beautiful card and I love the alcohol ink on acetate technique. Butterflies are one of summer's beauties... great card!