Thursday, August 29, 2013

Dreamweaver Christmas Challenge

I am using the Joy stencil from Dreamweavers for this card.  I first used the black matte paste to emboss the image onto white card stock.  Then after that was dry, I applied the crackle paste over the black paste.  Once the paste dried and cracked, I place the clean stencil once again onto the pasted Joy and sponged the letters with Distress Ink.  The colors that I used were Barn Door, Gathered Twigs and Peeled Paint.  The background paper was a cream color, but I wanted more of a green and red coloring.  I sponged the paper with Peeled Paint and I had my color scheme that I was looking for.  I tied a piece of red ribbon from May Arts and glued it over the ornament.  Then I cut out the Pine Bough using a die from Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps.  Check out more Holiday cards from the Design Team...

5 comments:

Hanna said...

Gorgeous card Heidi! Love your design, it's fantastic! Stunning work.

hugs,
Hanna

SherylH said...

What a beautiful card! Love the use of the crackle paste and then distress ink to colour -- I will have to give this a try.

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Wonderful card Heidi!!!

Louise said...

Beautiful card Heidi! I love how the crackle turned out on the letters and the colors you chose!

Pam Hornschu said...

Love the crackle finish on this! Thanks for the inspiration!