Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Dreamweaver/Woodware UK Day 2


Welcome to the annual Dreamweaver and Woodware Christmas in August Extravaganza week!  Monday through Saturday we will be knocking your Christmas Stockings off with fun and inspirational ideas for the upcoming holidays.  All that you need to do is hop back and forth across "the pond" each day oohing and aaahhhing as you go, and leaving us plenty of holiday love.  In return, you will be entered to randomly win one prize package for a UK commenter and a second prize package for a US commenter, featuring products distributed in the UK by Woodware...including Dreamweavers and Stampendous!

Prizes include four stencils, one die and two stamps, selection may vary.
Here's what I've created:
I made the background of the card using the Color Solutions Inks, Sizzling Silver, Winter Red, Noble Fir and Pine Bough mixed with the Alcohol Ink Thinner on the felt applicator.  I tapped it all around the glossy paper until it was well blended and looked to be "marbled".  I then used the Rubber mat to emboss the Holly Flourish over the marbled background.  Then I used a light weight sanding block to sand off the color over the embossing.  Then I used the Gold stencil paste over the Joy stencils and sprinkle Old Gold Art Institute glitter over the paste while it was still wet.  Then I let it dry and matted it on red before I popped it onto the card.  Then I wanted to use some Candi but I didn't have the right color...so I used the Color Solutions Winter Red to color a cream Candi and now it matches perfectly!

Now's the time for you to leave a comment and move on to the next designer for today.

9 comments:

Debbie Frost said...

What a pretty interesting design, gorgeous! Debs x

Dorrie said...

Thank you, lots of things in here that I haven't tried yet! So many techniques with stencils and so little time to play.

Lyn B said...

Such a pretty card Heidi!

Janice K said...

Loving the colours in this card!

Louise said...

Beautiful card Heidi! I love the alcohol ink background, I never would have thought to dry emboss and sand, love the look it gives!

Sabrina said...

What a lovely card!!

Miriam Prantner said...

So many great techniques! Love how you created the patterned paper and the sparkly joy is wonderful!

Shari Z said...

Very pretty background! Great with the glittered Joy!

CraftyJo said...

Simply gorgeous - everything about it is stunning.