Thursday, January 19, 2017

Coffee and Tin

Prickley Pear has wonderful clear sets and matching dies.  Today I am using their coffee set on the cards and the butterflies and hibiscus sets on the Craft Tin.
Here is a card that we did in our Scrap Card Class at The Stamp Shoppe.  Using different matching decorator papers to layer and create a background.  Then I used a Riley Funny Bones saying that worked perfectly with this coffee cup!
 On this card, I made a frame to stamp the Starbucks sentiment in.  Then stamped two To-Go Coffees to add as accents to the card.  Colored in Fall colors to go with the Pumpkin Spice Lattes!

While doing inventory at the store, I noticed these tins tucked back on a shelf.  Thinking to myself that is would be a cute project, I decided to get to work!  To cover the white tin, I used alcohol inks and blending fluid to cover the background with a marbleized color.  Then I made a strip to go around the box to label what would be stored inside.  Then I added cut out Butterflies and Flowers that I made with the Prickley stamp sets.  These are so versatile and I find that these are my go-to sets often.  I included Candi, Micro-fine Glitter and die cuts to finish it off.  Now put in some adhesive, pop dots, scissors and head off to class!  

Wouldn't then tins make a cute container to hold tea bags or K cups and set them on the counter...Oh the Thinks you can think!!  

Don't forget that next week, Prickley Pear is showcasing their new release stamps!  So check out what the design team has created for you!!  

No comments: